- Dramatic religious shifts in <50 years
- Arbitrary returns to Roman/Greek systems
- Worlds with one continent
- Arbitrary homophobia
- Heterogeneous technologically-limited rural areas
- Worlds with one religion/method of worship
- Skin color as the only means of differentiation
- Make them unfair, especially if it’s towards the main characters. Bonus points if they know they’re being unfair and dismiss it.
- Make them a bigot.
- Give them a position of power.
- Do not give them a zany personality. Anything can be forgiven for a character with a wacky personality.
- Let them get their way at important points instead of having the main characters constantly triumph against them.
Umbridge fits most, if not all, of these points.
1. Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
2. Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest.
3. Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
4. Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man.
5. Because in a murder, the killer is at fault, but the blame of rape is often put on the victim.
6. Because we teach girls how not to get raped instead of teaching anyone simply not to rape.
7. Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self control is her responsibility.
8. Because feminists just need to chill out.
9. Because a 22 year old sex-obsessed virgin can murder 7 people, and the problem is that someone should’ve just slept with him.
10. Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey.
There’s a fucking womanifesto for you.
Anonymous said: Hi. Im trying to find good books to read when you are feeling heartbroken. I don’t know if you posted a list or not, but if you did can you give me the link? :D
I’m coming up sort of blank, so I’ll put this to our fellow writers and readers. Here’s a selection of…